01. It has been many winters since my last confession.
02. Yesterday, I jogged three miles west of the village.
03. In the rain. And wind.
04. A woman stopped her SUV along the road to ask if I needed a ride. I thanked her and declined.
05. I am reading a volume of poetry by Robert Lowell for the first time.
06. And also reading Lamentations.
07. Last week, the faithful MacBook Pro of seven years — named Hagar — nose-dived into hard drive oblivion.
08. Nearly seven days without a laptop and connection to the internet.
09. Hagar’s replacement arrived. Now connected to the matrix.
10. Somehow, I miss those days of non-digital, non-internet existence.