iPad is an incredible opportunity for developers to re-imagine every single category of desktop and web software there is. Seriously, if you’re a developer and you’re not thinking about how your app could work better on the iPad and its descendants, you deserve to get left behind.
asheville blizzard – 29 jan 2010
Earlier this week we did a post on a printed piece created by British design firm Spin that details the top 10 books from 50 major figures in graphic design.We sorted through the 500 listed books and found that there were 14 books that appeared in almost every list.
Here’s the list in no particular order:
01. A Designer’s Art Paul Rand
02. Typographie Emil Ruder
03. Mode en Module Wim Crouwel
04. A History of Graphic Design Phillip Meggs
05. Jan Tschichold: Typographer Ruari McLean
06. Design as Art Bruno Mari
07. 8vo: On the Outside Mark Holt
08. Tibor Kalman: Perverse Optimist Peter Hall
09. Weingart: My Way to Typography Wolfgang Weingart
10. Designed Peter Saville
11. How to be a graphic designer with…Adrian Shaughnessy
12. The Tipping Point Malcolm Gladwell
13. Modern Typography: An Essay in Critical… Robin Kinross
14. Envisioning Information Edward Tufte
If you read good books, when you write, good books will come out of you.
Natalie Goldberg (via ilovereadingandwriting)
dear tumblr, i really need to quit you.
adjective • [obsolete] angry, or in a passion.
From The 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue, originally by Francis Grose.
special thanks to @malaprops for hosting the poetry reading!
also, thanks to those online friends i got to mirl… nice to finally meet face to face…
thanks all for joining me at malaprops… i was surprised to look up during the reading & find the cafe full & with people standing in the back!