Gen-Yers are using their personal networks and profiles as an extension of their professional personality. Even though they are using Facebook to mostly socialize with family and friends, they are inadvertently blending the two. Sixty-four percent of Gen-Y fails to list their employer on their profiles, yet they add an average of 16 co-workers each to their “friend” group.
Generation Y: The New Kind of Workforce (via thenextweb)
The silence after sending out resumes and cover letters is frustrating. Here’s four tips from Gerry Corbett for Talent Zoo:
- Be patient.
- Tap the network.
- Grab a hook.
- Move on.
read more »
- Build outward, not inward.
- Go for diversity, not size.
- Build weak ties, not strong ones.
- Use hubs, not familiar faces.
- Swarm the target.
- If people aren’t pulling together, strengthen ties.
Link: Six Rules For Networking at Work