Just two more days until the 21st Annual Poetry Marathon Benefit Reading at Woodland Pattern Book Center in Milwaukee. Here are five reasons to support the Annual Poetry Marathon:
- over 25,000 small press titles
- book titles include poetry, chapbooks, fine print materials, broadsides, and multicultural literature
- money raised supports Woodland Pattern’s 2015 programming in literature and the arts, including an after school program and youth summer camp
- enjoy 15 hours regional poets, writers, and lovers of the arts
- 150 poets and writers from Milwaukee and surrounding areas
Five poets representing Racine, Wisconsin at the Woodland Pattern’s poetry marathon need your support! Help each performer raise at least $35.
- Nick Demske – poet and author of critically acclaimed self-titled poetry book and featured in Poets & Writers. read more
- Justin Grimbol – author of Hard Bodies, Drinking Until Morning and others. read more
- Kelsey Harris – poet featured at the 2014 Racine and Kenosha Authors Book Fair.
- Aaron Lundquist – spoken word poet, featured at Grassroots Open Mic and Artist Showcase. read more
- Nick Ramsey – Poet Laureate of Racine, Wisconsin and co-founder of Family Power Music. read more
Ok, technically, there are more than five, but I saw most of these fine poets perform last night at the Grassroots Open Mic at George’s Tavern. Also, I will be reading during the marathon as part of the Racine delegation. Please consider supporting me with a pledge. It is as easy as one, two, three. Go to the Woodland Pattern Book Center, here, and:
- under “Pledge a Reader online!” select a donation amount,
- add “Reader’s Name” (that’s me, Matthew Mulder) and
- click the “Pay Now” button.
Thanks for your support!