So, it is Fat Tuesday. Meaning it is almost Lent. In Milwaukee. Meaning it is Pączki Day. And the office fun committee made sure those special Polish pastries are available for staff in the lunch room.
Not from Milwaukee? Not Polish? A member of the fun committee smiled and said, “Everyone is Polish on Pączki Day.”
 Fat Tuesday, also named Mardi Gras
 On Lent, fasting and feasting
 For a primer, OnMilwaukee provides a word on pączki and seven Milwaukee locations to enjoy the treat.
 Here is the correct pronunciation of pączki:
01. I totally blew it; regarding giving up beer and coffee for Lent.
02. But that last bottle of beer looked really lonely…
03. so I drank it down on the first day of Lent…
04. and followed it by a cup of coffee the next morning (second day of Lent).
05. For almost an entire week no ale nor coffee was consumed…
06. then last Thursday I had a coffee before a meeting…
07. and three cups of coffee the following Saturday morning with friends I hadn’t seen in almost three years…
08. and I stopped half way through a second cup of coffee this afternoon.
09. Oh, bother, Lent reminds me of how weak I really am.
10. I guess that’s the point.